Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Laurie & Eric :: oh happy day ::

You know that feeling you get a day or so after your wedding? Post wedding blues?? As a wedding photographer I get to experience this in a small way practically every weekend in the summer.  This week I have had an exceptionally bad case of the blues after coming home from spending the weekend in Carlisle, PA with my stellar friends, Laurie and Eric, for their wedding at Laurie's home! Ugh, I wish I were better with words and could describe how absolutely beautiful this wedding was.  It was straight out of a magazine. A photographers dream. Every little detail was perfect.  Oh, and did I mention that a TORNADO went through Carlisle, PA just a couple of days before their outdoor tented wedding!?? I couldn't believe it when I heard that a storm had torn the tent, knocked trees onto cars, destroyed newly planted flowers and scattered branches all over the yard.  Friends and family rallied and were able to clean up the entire mess. Amazing. Love.

Laurie and Eric, I am so so lucky to have you both as friends and so touched that you flew me all the way from CO to share in your weekend. Laurie, you were a stunning bride. Eric, you were such a sweet groom.  Thank you to the Hanniford family for being so welcoming. I felt instantly at home.  

And onto the photos! I had 80 more that I REALLY wanted to blog...but I think blogger may have imploded. So here are a few (few now = 40+).

Enjoy. xo.




 Laurie's friend Erica did such a good job with Laurie's hair and makeup!





 The men.






 Circling...




Best group of bridesmaids ever! They let me hang out with the all weekend. :)
 Pets of honor. It's a wonder that I didn't put Thomasina (orange kitty) in my bag home! 
 The Hannifords!





 I stole Laurie and Eric right before dinner because of this insane light....





 This was awesome.  Laurie's friend, Lauren, nailed up all of these photos to the barn doors.































The End. Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. Sloan!!! ow oow!!

4 comments:

  1. I am in love. These are amazing. Nice job MIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siggy and Linny PehelJune 2, 2011 at 8:14 AM

    Truly a magical wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words cannot describe how incredible and beautiful this wedding was. Your pictures are amazing and truly captured how perfect it was!

    ReplyDelete